Do you ever feel like there’s not enough time?
I’m sure we’ve all felt like this on a weekly, if not daily, basis. The familiar feeling of running out of time to complete all you had in mind for that day, along with a never-ending to-do list. We need to start realizing there will always be something that needs to get done, there will always be one more unchecked box. We don’t have control over time but can control how we approach it. The difference lies in our attitude towards this race against time. We need to start creating the space and the time for what and who is actually important to us. In order to stop running out of time, we must learn to master it.
Below I’m sharing my 3 tricks for igniting this change:
- Change your relationship with time. You can start doing this by immediately stopping the negative talk. Anything along the lines of “I don’t have enough time,” “I’m screwed,” “I’m swamped,” is no longer part of your vocabulary. Stop programming the idea that there isn’t enough time in a day – this will only hinder you by increasing stress and overwhelm.
- Be intentional with your time. Recognize which of the experiences throughout your day are truly important, the ones that give you the feeling of purpose and happiness. Learn to fully enjoy the 5 minutes you have with your kid before she goes to school. Slow down just enough to really be present in the moments that matter.
- Cut yourself some slack. We can’t do it all, it’s as simple as that. Taking care of yourself and prioritizing your health and happiness is more important than the items on your to-do list. You will receive no benefits from running yourself into the ground. Give yourself a break, go with the flow and stop pushing yourself.
Check out the resources below if you’re wanting to hear more on this topic! What is your experience with time? Let me know in the comments!
- The Kate & Mike Show Episode 32: How To Master Time So It Stops Controlling You
- Project Life’s Episode 059: Is There Enough Time?